Brandon Fletcher, age 10, and his family love to travel. They visit other countries and experience different cultures. Their amazing adventures include exploring the crumbling sites of ancient cities, walking through the wall-painted tunnels of prehistoric caves and riding on the backs of elephants. For Brandon there is much more to his holidays. Everywhere he goes, he finds himself involved in a mystery. And he is the only one who can solve these mysteries.
The creator of the Brandon Abroad series is available for school visits in the London area (and possibly further afield in the UK). In classrooms he discusses the craft of writing and conducts stimulating and fun workshops that reflect his love of the English language. To arrange a visit to your school contact Al at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- dark chocolate-covered peanuts and raisins
- my wife and friends and 99.99 % of children
- words like ‘smithereens’ and ‘beserk’
- Pluto (the dog and the dwarf planet – which should be a real planet!)
- cycling and swimming and baseball and petanque
- lists with bullet points
- people who open sweets at the cinema
- guns (except water pistols to shoot candle flames at funfairs)
- getting dog muck on my shoes
- boring board games
- heights (like the third rung on a ladder)
- thorns on blackberry bushes or rose bushes
I am a former primary school teacher who has now written a series about a London family who loves to travel abroad. I have been told by children and grown-ups alike that they enjoy joining the Fletcher family in their arguments and in their explorations of other countries. The series offers a unique opportunity for children to get a taste of the sights, people and cultures of different countries.